Effective blood glucose regulation is fundamentally important for health, and even mild disruptions of glucose homeostasis can have adverse consequences. Normally, fasting blood glucose is maintained within a narrow range; after a carbohydrate-rich meal, blood sugar increases for several hours and then returns to baseline in response to homeostatic mechanisms. Failure of these equalizing processes may result in reactive hypoglycemia – a process by which blood glucose levels decrease either too rapidly or by too much, and results in a variety of symptoms including anxiety, irritability, shakiness, fatigue, headaches, dizziness, weakness, and insomnia. The interaction of the endocrine system with organs and tissues to maintain blood glucose requires a full array of micronutrients. An imbalanced diet or one comprised of processed and refined foods may not supply adequate amounts of these nutrients. In addition, individuals with blood glucose disorders may have special dietary needs for these nutrients.
- Bio-Glycozyme Forte: This is the best supplement for people dealing with hypoglycemia! Take two (2) to three (3) capsules in between meals to help blood sugar levels.
- GlucoBalance: This helps not only with Type 2 diabetes but also helps if you ever indulge and have a meal with more sugar than you usually would. It will keep you from getting “hangry” later on! Take two (2) to three (3) with each meal.
- Berberine HCl: Berberine has a long history of use in both Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine to support normal glucose and/or lipid metabolism. This is a good one for diabetics to take with GlucoBalance. It increases insulin sensitivity. Take one (1) with each meal.
- Mg-Zyme (Magnesium): Most people are deficient in magnesium! Epsom salts are a great option, but if you don’t have the time or a bathtub, Mg-Zyme will do the trick. A lot of people have constipation during the first couple of weeks of Restart, and this can help. It also helps your muscles relax and helps the body process sugar! Take one (1) capsule each day.
- Cr-Zyme (Chromium): Clients with blood sugar handling difficulties are usually deficient; chromium enhances insulin in the body. Take one (1) tablet of the Cr-Zyme with each meal or two (2) to three (3) drops of the Aqueous Chromium.
- L-Glutamine Powder: This is a secret weapon to knock out sugar cravings! You can do 500mg three to four times per day, or when craving sugar. (You can use the powder version when you have sugar cravings – about a teaspoon under the tongue, and let it dissolve! It also is used for general cognitive support and gut healing.) Also, try adding it to smoothies. Cinnamon also helps with blood sugar handling and can add additional flavoring when added to smoothies or sprinkled on foods!