Real sun protection doesn’t come from slathering on sunscreen. It comes from the inside out, from avoiding inflammatory foods and getting plenty of good protective fats, which help the body anti-inflame and heal. The biggest thing you can do to prevent sunburn is to eat an anti-inflammatory diet. Avoid all grains, legumes, soy, dairy that isn’t grass-fed, vegetable oils, hydrogenated oils, and sugar, even natural sugars like fruit or unrefined sugars. These sun protection superfoods below are also helpful to boost your body’s ability to tan and avoid sunburn!
- Raw and cooked beets: These will help your body absorb the good fats you are eating. Fats regulate the body’s healing processes of inflaming and anti-inflaming.
- Grass-fed collagen and gelatin: UVA rays break down collagen in the skin, which is what keeps our skin from having wrinkles. To keep your skin looking supple and youthful, put collagen powder in smoothies, make healthy gummies out of grass-fed gelatin, and drink a mug of gelatin-rich bone broth daily.
- Coconut oil or MCT oil: Fats help our bodies to have the right balance between inflaming and anti-inflaming. Saute, roast, or bake with coconut oil. For cold uses like smoothies or salads, Bio-MCT™ is a better option for a more pleasant texture.
- Sardines: Rich in calcium, Omega-3 essential fatty acids EPA and DHA, Vitamin D, and Vitamin A. They taste similar to canned tuna. Smash them up with a little mayonnaise or avocado and season with salt, pepper and cumin. Delish! Look for wild-caught canned sardines packed in olive oil (no canola, safflower, or other vegetables oils).
- Liver: Rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin K2, and cholesterol (your body uses cholesterol to make protective Vitamin D). Make sure it’s liver from a good source that you trust: grass-fed for beef liver, pastured for pork or chicken.
- “Red” seafood like sockeye salmon, crab, lobster, salmon roe, and crawfish: Rich in astaxanthin, a powerful cancer-protective carotenoid and super-antioxidant that protects against sunburn.
- Eggs, butter, cheese, salmon roe, liver: Rich in Vitamin K2, which works synergistically with Vitamins A, D, and E.
© Biotics Research Northwest | Used with permission
Get proven strategies that will help you unleash your inner power! You can do it! CCFL works to heal, unite and empower individuals, families and communities, equipping them with the necessary tools to strengthen personal standards, ethics and values while, together, raising the next generation. Go to Creating Champions For Life and check it out.
Trainerly allows you to workout and exercise at your home, office, hotel room or pretty much anywhere in the world through live 2-way webcam. Sign-up for a class with me today. Use the promotional code “trainerly20” to save 20% off any service.
Your suggestions are appreciated to make our business better. Please take the survey by
clicking here and provide your input.
Do you know someone who might be interested in or products or services? Click Here to fill out our referral form and, as our way of saying thank you, you will receive $15 off and of our products or services. We appreciate your support.
Click Here to sign-up for our e-mail list so can receive all of our articles & download your free copy of our Dietary Information e-book.
(Hold down the Ctrl key & click the underlined words or logos)
Make sure to forward to friends and followers.