When you need a quick post-workout snack, something with protein and carbs, look no further. Made with only three ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen, these protein balls couldn’t be easier to whip up. At 47 calories per ball, a three-piece serving is 141 calories and offers 8.1 grams of protein and 24 grams of carbs. Yet a serving is also low in sugar — just 5.1 grams.
Made with plant-based protein powder, they’re vegan, and they can also be made gluten-free if you use gluten-free oats. If nuts are off-limits, you’ll be happy to know there are no almonds, peanuts, or the like. They’re subtly sweet, oh so soft, and doughy, and because they’re made with just a few simple ingredients, this snack is also gentle on the stomach.
Of course, feel free to jazz up this basic recipe by mixing in a little dried fruit, chopped almonds, or dark chocolate chips — if you do, just add a little extra banana to maintain the pliable consistency.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 serving of vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 large banana
- Pour rolled oats and protein powder into a food processor. Turn on for a minute until the oats are slightly chopped but not completely smooth.
- Add the banana, and turn it on until a coarse yet pliable dough forms.
- Roll into 12 balls, and place in a reusable container.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Please review our business at: Google Yelp Facebook
If you’d like to learn more, please visit our Member’s Area to access our subscribed content.
Did you know you can work out and exercise with a trainer at your home, office, hotel room, or anywhere in the world with online personal training?
Like us on Facebook/Connect with us on LinkedIn/Follow us on Twitter
Make sure to forward this to friends and followers!